Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Last week I was watching this show called "This is America with Dennis Wholey." It wasn't the first time I caught it but it was the first time I didn't skip it. I saw a lady called Diana West. She's a conservative columnist for the Washington Times who's been writing about Islam, with hostile, for the past two years. Also at the table discussing current affairs were Pat Buchanan, E.J. Dionne, Jr. and Clarence Page. At one point Page said along the lines of: "Let's not make enemies out of the Islamic World... Jordan, for example, is not a theocracy. West interrupted by saying: "But honor killings can't be outlawed..." Apparently the other guests were just as ill-informed, deceptive and dimwitted as West, and didn't respond to the erroneuous and slanderous claim of link between Islam and honor killings.

I won't be watching Dennis Wholey, but I will certainly be reading Diana West. She's on the second to last page of the A-Section of the Washington Times. I already got myself a free subscription.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home