Friday, August 22, 2003

MAZEN DANA UPDATE 2
I hope to get my hands on more footage of Mazen Dana in the occupied territories. If possible, I can make them available for download or streaming. Also, Reuters has promised me to send the footage of Mazen Dana's last shot in which he gets shot and falls to the ground. I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best.

Mazen Dana's funeral was held in Hebron on August 20th, where he was buried. Colleagues held a mock funeral in his memory. Dana left behind four children. A special dedication with pictures and video will be published soon in Mazen Dana's memory, inshallah.

In the meantime, his death has received more and more coverage since the incident. An overview:

Salon.com does an interview with Patricia Naylor, the maker of the PBS/Frontline documentary about Palestinian journalists in the occupied territory.

The Indepedent reveals that Dana was shot at close range and eyewitnesses claim that it was not an accident.

Democracy Now! has a radio interview (audio, video and transcript) with Paul Holmes, former Reuters supervisor of Dana, and Abed Qusini, a Reuters colleague of Dana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home